Welcome to my Blog


WELCOME TO PANDORAS PICTURES
I hope you will enjoy yourself here. I will update often. I am not promising to update every day but will take pictures or write every day, update when I can and and they will have the date on which the images were made on them.
HAVE FUN

Friday 10 February 2012

Halcyon

This was the title for the next page and it was fun deciding which of my most memorable happenings to record. In the end I settled for when I saw Der Rosenkavelier at the Vienna State Opera. As I was in Vienna to give a lecture, and I didn't know in advance about this treat I felt very under dressed for the occasion. However, once inside the magic overtook and I forgot about such mundane things for the most part. So here we go....


This event was in the days before digital cameras so the photos are from the web I'm afraid.
The background is one of Nancy's provided for the class and I have made additions of my own to that.
The font for most of the text is made from my own printing.

2 comments:

  1. like this page, and I have to admit the title made me laugh. I used to work with a lot of tech-y boys for whom real English was a 3rd or 4th language. One of them saw Halcyon in something and asked me what "hallycon" meant. He could not get his head around the word no matter how hard I tried. I'll bet he is still saying Hallycon....

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Sounds a bit dim like the young man in the farm shop today. When I aksed if I could take pictures in there he looked really flummoxed and couldn't get his head round why I would want to! Thanks for the comment. It really is fun doing this and I am looking forward to seeing how they print in due course. Well, I know they print, but I want to make them a bit more special as we have already discussed.

    ReplyDelete