Welcome to my Blog


WELCOME TO PANDORAS PICTURES
I hope you will enjoy yourself here. I will update often. I am not promising to update every day but will take pictures or write every day, update when I can and and they will have the date on which the images were made on them.
HAVE FUN

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Latest Digital Page

Sorry the post will be a bit disjointed for a bit as I am having cataract surgery. One done, great success and one to go this weekend. So after that I hope to be back to normal again.
I have managed to finish my latest page though on the subject of music. The required elements seemed to need singing so I have chosen words form my favourite hymn. How Great Thou Art. Thereby hangs a tale. When I wasabut 12 at Grammar School we had a very good school choir that even broadcast from time to time and it was my ambition to join it, although there was a waiting list. Well, one day the class were singing for the teacher and it was this hymn. I was in my element and completely lost in it, to the extent that I didn't even notice that I was the only one singing! :-) The upshot was an invitation to join the choir, which I did and thouroughly enjoyed. (I'm afraid that I was subsequently made to give it up for being naughty. :-( Our school was a long thin building and if one left by the normal door it was a very long walk to the bus stop. So along with half the rest of the choir I climbed out of the window instead. I was the last to leave and was seen and as I wouldn't say who the others were I had to take the rap and was eveicted form the choir. Poor little me.
I still love that hymn though the words are very meaningful. Here is my page



The bird was a vintage image extracted and made to look like an added stamp. The sun image was recoloured to brigghten it and I used a huge swirl as a symbol of the bird's singing from the heart.

2 comments:

  1. love the page and the story :)

    Agree about the wind farms - great controversy in Northumberland atm. They are to build a very large on just outside Alnwick - the Duke of Northumberland having sold his soul to the devil for hard cash we suspect(yet again).

    Will spoilt a beautiful moor and views to the sea and castles one way and the hills inland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Helen.
    The one I showed on the other post only has four turbines... but I still don't like them1

    ReplyDelete