Welcome to my Blog


WELCOME TO PANDORAS PICTURES
I hope you will enjoy yourself here. I will update often. I am not promising to update every day but will take pictures or write every day, update when I can and and they will have the date on which the images were made on them.
HAVE FUN

Saturday 19 May 2012


Stitching at Frolesworth.


I have had a great day out today stitching informally with like minded friends from the Lutterworth Branch of the Embroiderers' Guild. We met in the village hall at Frolesworth which is really close to where I live and sat happily stitching on whatever we felt like.
There was some lovely work going on and the ladies were happy to let me share it with you. For some it was a day for experimentation and for others a chance to work on UFO's.
So here are some photos for you. They are all works in progress of course.

The first two are abstract embellishing samples.




Next some crochet which had grown much more than this by the end of the day.




Now some lovely fabric flowers




The next two are part of a series of free machine embroidered pictures by the same person




Another piece of free maching




Next we have the Rose Hip Flower fairy... a nice peice of stumpwork in progress




This beautifully stitched squirrel is going to be gorgeous. 




The next one, using sweetie papers, is the basis for further work. I look forward to seeing where this one goes too





The last one is mine and has been in the works for a long time... with a house move, illness and cataract surgery interupting progress here! The hand stitching is now complete and I just have to decide how to mount it. I can't decide whether to add a border and make it into a little hanging. or whether I shall mount it on a canvas board.



2 comments:

  1. hello Dorothy, you are busy as always, lots of nice art things happening and I love the strolls around your garden some beautiful flowers, hope you are well, Frances x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Frances. Yes, I am fine thanks. Lovely to hear from you. I have some more pics ready to go but haven't had time to upload them.... I'll try to do better! :-)

    ReplyDelete