Welcome to my Blog


WELCOME TO PANDORAS PICTURES
I hope you will enjoy yourself here. I will update often. I am not promising to update every day but will take pictures or write every day, update when I can and and they will have the date on which the images were made on them.
HAVE FUN

Saturday 7 January 2012

A Curiosity

I was treated to a lovely cream tea today at a nearby hotel. Very splendid it was too. Of course, at this time of year it was getting dark by teatime, but there was still a lovely view from the window.
The photos will enlarge if you click on them.


It had originally been a private house owned by only two families since it was built. It fell into disuse but has now been lovingly restored to it's former glory and reopened as a hotel. It has extensive grounds, a beautiful orangery that is also used as a theatre. Many other events are held there too.
The loos are very splendid with real terry hand towels which are used once only and then put in a linen bin to be washed! Even the disabled loo had a chandelier to light it! :-)
Here is another curiosity I found in the lounge, this one is a trumpet, there was also a clarinet elsewhere.


As there were many folks in the lounge taking tea I couldn't use flash for the photo but I think you can see it OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment